Last week was a roller coaster for me. I worked the hole week gathering everything I need for the Mercadito of Agora Mall here in Santo Domingo. Most of you might not know what a ‘mercadito’ is. Basically, is a day during which Agora Mall offers the change for entrepreneurs to be part of a mini farmers market. They offer it to promote local talent.
That being said, I needed to get everything I together for that Saturday. I usually have a special cupcake favor every week. Since my nan had been making marmalade all month. I decided it would be great to use it in on my cupcakes in some way. She had a fresh bash of guava marmalade made and what goes best with that flavor…. cheese. I know it sounds weird but it works.
I took a plain vanilla cupcake recipe- you can use the once you like best . My recipie is as follows:
Guava Marverled Cupcake
– Your favorite vainilla cupcake recipe
– 1 1/2 cup of Guava Marmalade. Make sure its fluid enough to a spreadable consistency.
1. Follow the cupcake recipe and fill in each cupcake liner with batter.
2. Warm your marmalade a little to make it more fluid.
3. Distribute about 1 tb of marmalade per cupcake.
4. With a tooth pick or the back of a spoon. Mix the marmalade with the vanilla batter until you get a beautiful marvel effect.
* try to insert the toothpick and lift the batter from the bottom to the top.
5. Bake the cupcakes at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes. Bear in mind you might have to adjust the temperature of your oven according to your environment … And his mood.
You should end up with cupcakes that look a bit like this
* dont get scared if your cupcakes don’t rise as much. This batter is a bit more humid due to the marmalade.
Cream Cheese Frosting
– 8oz of cream cheese at room temperature
-1/2 cup ( 1 stick of butter)
– 3 cups of sifted powdered sugar.
– 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1. In a stand up mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese until we’ll incorporated.
2. Add I the vanilla extract.
3. Mix I the powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
4. Frost and enjoy
I hope you enjoyed reading this and try it at home.